We've made money for SaaS startups like...
Do you want to scale your startup’s growth, but unsure of the best growth strategy?
It may surprise you that a competitor intelligence campaign is key to accelerating your growth.
Yes, you need competitor intelligence even if you think there are very few competitors in your market. You still need to position your company so your customers know why they should buy from you.
Knowing the competitive landscape and positioning your startup will solve growth problems like:
- How to get more customers for less against your competitors. Especially those with bigger marketing and sales budgets.
- How to set yourself apart from competitors who offer the exact same product as you. Or worse, have more features because they have 100’s of employees.
- How to increase customer loyalty when you feel price is your biggest differentiator. Hint: If you looked at your competitors to figure out your pricing strategy, this is likely slowing down your growth.
Your better-funded competitors are already miles ahead of you. And the moment they decide to focus on the opportunity in front of you, it’s going to be a bloody red ocean.
This is why you need to invest in competitor intelligence solutions today.
What is competitive intelligence? And why is it critical for early-stage SaaS startups to grow faster?
I’ll answer that question with two questions:
- Do you have clarity on what sets you apart from your competition? Even if you have a better product or pricing, that’s not enough. High-priced, inferior products outsell better products every day.
- Have you communicated your core difference on your website in a way that gets customers to buy today? This is key to increasing customer acquisition and word-of-mouth as you improve your positioning.
Can you say “yes” to those two questions with 100% confidence? If not, then it’s only a matter of time before you look like everyone else in your market. Because when you look like everyone else, you’ll disappear into the noise in a New York minute.
You can’t be all things to all people. If you don’t know who the customers are that you’re fighting for and why, you’ll become another me-too product.
And that’s why you need competitive intelligence services.
Competitive intelligence is the process of gathering info about your competitors.
That information will allow you to create a competitive advantage that accelerates your growth.
We at Growth Ramp will help you get competitor intel by finding out:
- How your customers solved their problem in the past.
- What your customers like about your competitors and your product.
- What your customers distaste about your competitors.
What are the steps Growth Ramp uses in designing a successful competitor analysis to get me 1,000 customers in a year?
We start our market research by surveying and interviewing your customers to get faster growth.
We want to get data-driven insights from your customers to learn:
- Who are your best customers using market segmentation.
- Who your customers view are your competitors and why they bought your product. This allows us to analyze everyone’s position in the market.
- What the best growth opportunities are by using customer data, social media, and our own secret market intelligence sauce.
- What you should price your product to increase market penetration and profit. We use our pricing research to create the optimal pricing strategy.
- How to position your startup and create copy to share that difference on your website.
- How to scale your go-to-market strategy using our SEO services.
By working backward, we estimate what we need to do to get the traffic and conversions you need to get 1,000 customers in a year.
As you might be able to tell:
- We have the process you need to scale your growth.
- This intelligence process is difficult for you to do yourself. Heck, most marketing agencies don’t do it right either. We know because we’ve done competitor intelligence on them.
If you’d like to learn more about our competitor intelligence and product marketing services, you can apply to hire Growth Ramp.
What sets Growth Ramp apart from other digital marketing agencies?
Conversion optimization and copywriting agencies are helpful at positioning... but they often need more traffic to do a proper A/B test. Plus, these agencies rarely get you more traffic.
PPC, SEO, and content marketing agencies are helpful at getting more traffic... but without positioning, that traffic will be more expensive. Also, many of these agencies don’t talk to your customers.
Instead, they’ll scan social media, use CRM data from a tool like Hubspot. If you’re like us, you prefer to keep your best-kept secrets hidden from the competition and off social media.
(Did you see what we did there by using our competitor intelligence services? 😉)
If our product marketing services sound valuable to you, then apply to hire Growth Ramp today. Because you don’t want to compete against us when your competitors hire us first.
Ben Leavitt, CEO of Decibite
"Growth Ramp’s strategy more than doubled our annual recurring revenue (ARR) in 6 months... They pushed us further in one month than a year on our own..."
Before we started with Growth Ramp, we had no idea who our target customer was. Marketing has been a frustrating process for us at Decibite.
Growth Ramp interviewed our customers, did market research, showed us where we were, and who we wanted to help. Growth Ramp then executed the strategy which more than doubled our ARR in 6 months. This was a huge game-changer. They did everything that we were wanting to do and more. This was a huge weight off my shoulders and helped me avoid burnout.
Growth Ramp got us back on track and their efforts have pushed us further in one month than a year on our own. Working with Growth Ramp was like riding on a couch getting pulled behind a ski-doo. Sometimes you’ll get a little snow on your face, but it was the exciting ride we were looking for.
6 Month Results:
- ARR: +127%
- Total Monthly Traffic: +241%
- Monthly Search Traffic: +331%
Let Growth Ramp’s marketing experts do the heavy lifting for you to get 1,000 customers in a yearApply to Hire Growth Ramp
Want to learn how competitor intelligence fits into our product marketing process to get 1,000 paying customers in a year?
Here’s a 18 min. overview of our product marketing methodology 👇
Stop dealing with marketing by yourself. Work with Growth Ramp, an agency that knows strategy better than you do...Apply to Hire Growth Ramp
Brenden Mulligan, CEO of Podpage
“After the price increase campaign, we’ve been adding new customers at the same growth rate. I made my money back in two months as Growth Ramp promised…”
Marketing hires are very hard. Everyone I talked to told me I needed at least six months to start seeing results. None could prove to me they understood my market, my product, or my customers.
When I approached Growth Ramp, I was coming in cold. But they estimated I could make it all back with a price increase campaign in two months.
In two months, I got data from my customers on my pricing, why some weren’t buying, what features to add for a new price plan, and so much more. If I were to hire a general manager or CMO, I’ll use Growth Ramp’s research to ramp them up. They then handed me everything I needed for the price increase campaign on a silver platter.
After the price increase campaign, we’ve been adding new customers at the same growth rate. We didn’t lose a single customer from the price hike and customers did not question the change. Furthermore, I made my money back in two months as Growth Ramp promised.
I don’t think enough founders are focusing on pricing to optimize their growth strategy. You may have a gut feeling about the right price of your product. But without data, you’re likely leaving money on the table.
Competitor intelligence tactics, techniques, and use cases to get 1,000 customers in a year
- Actionable insights to get 1,000 customers in a year.
- Unified business strategy.
- Competitive landscape mapping.
- Discover your competitive advantage.
- Real-time competitive information gathering.
- Competitive intelligence research.
- In-depth competitor intelligence reports.
- Thorough competitive analysis to find quick wins.
- Market share estimation and analysis.
- Benchmarking and metrics for faster-informed decisions.
- Competitive strategy creation for improved decision-making.
- New product competitor analysis.
- Marketing intelligence analysis.
- Market intelligence for improved business decisions.
- Competitive strategy.
- Digital marketing strategy.
- Gather information by competitive intelligence tools, primary research, and social media.
- Market trend analysis.
- Competitive edge research.
- ROI-focused growth.
Growth Ramp is a product marketing agency that makes SaaS startups more money faster and get 1,000 customers in a year...Apply to Hire Growth Ramp
Ronit Epstein, ex-Director of Marketing at Yotpo
"One of the most SEO-optimized articles on our site…"
When it comes to getting more traffic, Jason and his team are one of the first we turn to. One of Growth Ramp’s articles was one of the 7th most SEO-optimized posts for Yotpo after two months.
Can I give you some advice? Hire Growth Ramp before your competitor does.
More product marketing services we’ll use to help you get 1,000 customers in a year
All the services you’ll get so you don’t have to deal with the marketing headache when you hire Growth Ramp...
Are you planning to spend the next five-to-seven years building something incredible? Or are you going to keep piddling around? If so, then you want to be confident there’s a market opportunity to becoming the next billion dollar startup.
Market intelligence will give you the confidence you need to go-to-market and scale your growth. Learn more about our market intelligence services →
You know you want to get things rolling and make things happen. But you don’t know how to start, where to start, or when to start getting results faster.
What you need is someone to look over your shoulder. Someone who can do a positioning analysis and smack you in the face to tell you that you’re shooting yourself in the foot. Learn more about our positioning analysis process →
There are 100 ways to grow a startup. But without a clear go-to-market strategy, you will soon find yourself in marketing tactical hell.
If you want consistent growth, you need to partner with an agency that knows the right go-to-market strategy better than you. Learn more about our go-to-market strategy services →
Johnathan Dane, CEO and Founder of Klientboost
“Over 20% increase of client leads worth $25,000 or more…”
Do you know when you're super excited to finally stay consistent with your blog? And then someone like Jason comes around, smacks you in the face, and tells you when you're shooting yourself in the foot?
I didn't believe Jason at first, but we saw an increase in over 20% of inbound client leads that have LTVs of $25,000 or more. If you're not promoting what you sweat to create, then you won't get as far as you can.
3 Month Results:
- Inbound Leads: +20%, with LTVs of $25,000+
- Social Media Traffic: +191%
- Total Monthly Traffic: +88.9%