What would your startup be like if you had 1,000 customers in a year?
You’ve got a handful of paying customers who are using and loving your product.
But your growth is not what you want. Perhaps every sale feels transactional. You know there has to be more customers who want your product. Yet you lack the resources to acquire them cost-effectively at scale.
As a result, you’ve been asking yourself questions like:
- “What should be our messaging to get customers to actively buy, use, and promote our product?”
- “How do we differentiate our product so we don’t look like every other competitor out there?”
- “Where do we best invest our time?”
- “What’s our estimated LTV (life-time value) of a customer? How much can we afford to acquire a customer?”
- “How do we get enough data from customers to know how to develop our product?”
You have such an opportunity right now.
What’s worse, you fear if you don’t act fast enough, someone else smarter than you will copy your idea. And with their resources, they’ll do it better and faster than you can.
*Pssst!* While this sounds like a reasonable fear, it isn't. You don’t need to be first to market. You need to be first to your customers’ minds with proper positioning. Yahoo!, Altavista, Ask Jeeves, and dozens of other search engines came before Google. Quickbooks was the 47th product to market before becoming the #1 product.
So you want someone to come into your business and “make things work.” Yet you know that’s easier said than done.
Perhaps you’ve talked to a couple of other marketing agencies. You get that it may take 3-6 months for a marketing plan to see any kind of real results (though you wish it would happen faster). But some of these agencies say it may take 6-12 months to see anything. Can you afford to risk 6-12 months, only to find out potentially at the end you lost time, lost hope, and lost money?
That’s why you want to go to an agency that has the ability to turn things around faster. An agency that’s able to give a clear 6-12 month strategy, then gets results in half the time. An agency who will give you a hands-on approach to:
- Pinpoint your positioning
- Perfect your pricing, and
- Master your go-to-market strategy.
This is why Growth Ramp specializes in product marketing services for products with less than 1,000 customers.
Who is a fit for Growth Ramp’s product marketing services?
Product marketing is for startups with a product with a few customers.
This may be your first product. Or your fifth product. But it’s the product you want help growing from idea to scale.
Who is NOT a fit for your product marketing services?
Growth Ramp’s product marketing services is not for:
- Products with no paying customers. (Check out our product validation services instead).
- Products with product-market fit and over 1,000 customers. (Our services will be valuable to you if you have 1,000 customers or product-market fit with a different product).
Growth Ramp's product marketing services typically range from $4,000-$9,000/month.
What am I going to get? What’s the end-deliverable?
As a product marketing agency, our goal is to help you accelerate product growth by:
- Committing to your customers’ needs.
- Positioning your product to rise above the noise. Customers will then switch from using your competitor’s product to yours.
- Communicating the product value on your website.
- Training teammates on messaging and positioning to create a consistent customer experience.
- Creating a go-to-market strategy.
- Testing your marketing channels.
- Optimizing your pricing strategy to align with your positioning and acquisition strategy.
Here are the typical deliverables you will receive:
- The Gap Analysis - The Gap Analysis is the name of our proprietary roadmap. It will let you know where you are right now and what you need to do next to create a product your customers will love. And fast.
- Customer Psychology Data* - Direct insights from your customers on their hopes, fears, pains, and dreams. This information will improve your product positioning and messaging.
- Market Research - While customer interviews shine in quality, they lack in quantity. Enter the market research survey. After finding your most profitable customers, we’ll survey them to confirm our hypotheses. The goal of this survey is to lower your cost to get a new customer (AKA, your customer acquisition costs). We then repurpose this data into link-worthy content to accelerate SEO.
- Product Positioning* - The market doesn’t need another “me-too” product that looks like everyone else on the market. Growth Ramp will help you distinguish you from the competition and help you rise above the noise.
- Product Messaging - Now that you have customers, we’ll improve your website copy to increase sales.
- Price Sensitivity Analysis + Strategy* - No more guessing. We create a price sensitivity analysis to understand the market’s willingness to pay for your product. Afterward we’ll work with you to create a pricing strategy in-line with your positioning and go-to-market strategy.
- Go-to-Market Strategy + Implementation - We’ll set up marketing experiments to quickly and efficiently test the 12 core marketing channels. This will establish your growth fly-wheel to get repeatable and scalable sales.
- New Customers From a Scalable Growth Channel - That's why you built your product, right?
What's your product marketing process look like?
Here's our process, from when you first reach out to getting your first 1,000 customers.
1. Are You Fit to Be a Growth Ramp Client?
What you get: A clearer picture if Growth Ramp's services are for you and fit your needs.
Growth Ramp's product marketing services are for products with (usually 10-250) customers. This may be your first product. Or your fifth product. But it’s the product you want help growing from idea to scale.
If you need to validate your product by getting customers, check out our product validation services.
In respect of your time, we ask you to fill out our application form to make sure you're a fit (should take 2-4 minutes). If you are a fit, someone at Growth Ramp will reach out to you to set up a call.
If you have the budget but are not a fit, we would be more than happy to refer you to someone we think may be a fit. This makes it a smaller commitment for you to fill out the form in the link above.
2. The Discovery Call.
What you get: A live demo how Growth Ramp's services work, how our services will help you grow faster, and potential results you can expect.
- In the first 10 minutes, you'll get an idea of the full potential value of our services.
- I will then use a prepared list of questions to learn where you are now and get a vision for where you want to be. This will take 20-30 minutes.
- From there, I will give you a live, 20-minute demo of our services. You will get a brief overview of how our services work and how we can help you on your journey from idea to scale.
At the end of the call, you can ask me any questions about our project. You will then decide if you would like to invest in Growth Ramp’s services.
3. The Growth Ramp Gap Analysis
What you get: You will understand your positioning, pricing, customer needs, and market strategy.
Have you ever read an article about how “SEO is dead,” “Email marketing is dead,” or “PPC is dead?”
The truth is each of these marketing channels is alive, well, and profitable when you match the right strategy to the right company. Even “out-dated” channels like radio ads still work with the right approach.
You don’t want shoot-from-the-hip guesswork. Instead, you need to:
- Find out (not guess) which parts of your business are underperforming and why.
- Get an in-depth analysis of your greatest opportunities and threats to growing your business.
Depending on your needs, the Gap Analysis will show you:
- Customer Experience Interviews + Buyer Persona Research: Interview notes and summary on who your best customers are, what they want you to do to grow your business.
- Copywriting + Buyer Psychology Research: A list of key psychology buying triggers.
- Competitor Intelligence: A list of your competitors, what they are doing well, and what you need to do to rise above the noise.
- Brand + Positioning Strategy: A list of opportunities to differentiate yourself from the competition, and we work together to decide how best to position your startup. Includes a positioning strategy call to discuss the pros and cons of each opportunity.
- Pricing Strategy: A price sensitivity analysis and pricing guidelines to help you establish your pricing strategy. Includes a pricing strategy call to discuss how best to price your product.
- Product-Market Fit Analysis: A customer feedback loop to improve your product road map and increase word-of-mouth.
- Go-to-Market Strategy: A customized marketing and lead generation strategy, personalized to your business to help you get your first 1,000 customers.
4. Laying the Foundation (I.E. Putting Your Strategy to Work on Your Website)
What you get: Your positioning, pricing, and messaging reinforced on your website.
Every framework needs a foundation, whether it’s a mansion or your business.
Before Growth Ramp gets you more traffic and profitable customers, we’ll use The Gap Analysis to improve and create:
- Your homepage. This is where we will make a compelling case of why customers should consider buying from you.
- Your “why” page. Or why should customers choose to do business with you?
- Comparison pages. Customers almost ready to buy will compare your product to your competitors and competing solutions. Comparison pages allow you to give an ethical, fair, and compelling reason to choose you over the competition.
- Your feature pages. Some customers know what features they want. But they do not know how these features will benefit them. Creating feature pages will give middle-of-the-funnel customers needed clarity about your product.
- Your pricing page. In addition to updating your price-point, your customer needs clarity about the features and benefits of each pricing plan.
- Press outreach. There’s often an opportunity to get you press features and mentions when updating your messaging. If we feel this will likely be profitable, we will do press outreach after your copy is complete.
5. Mastering Your First Scalable Growth Channel
What you get: Our team testing your go-to-market strategy.
If you’re looking for a quick churn-and-burn approach to growing your startup, our services are not for you. But if you’re looking to ethically scale your startup fast, then you need a systematic approach.
Whether that’s through SEO, paid advertising, or some other marketing channel, you need a sustainable path to getting consistent sales.
As you get more consistent customers, Growth Ramp will help convert them into raving fans. We do this by doing customer interviews to find out what your customers want you to do to hit product-market fit.
This process usually takes 1-3 months.
Some of this process starts while we lay your foundation. (Yes, the house analogy is not perfect. But you get the picture).
What you get: Traffic, leads, sales, and a faster path to get you your first 1,000 customers.
Still not sure if our product marketing service is right for you?
If you answer "yes" to at least 5 of these 11 questions, product marketing is for you:
- Is it difficult for you to find a repeatable and scalable source of new customers?
- Do you have the right messaging on your website to turn complete strangers into paying customers?
- Do you understand what's your target market?
- Do you know who your most profitable customers are?
- Are you clear on what are their hopes, fears, pains, and dreams?
- And more importantly, do you know how your product will improve their lives?
- Are you clear on who your competitors are and what you need to do to dominate the market?
- Do you know how your product should be different and better than what’s on the market?
- Did you use customer data to know how to price your product?
- What sales material you need to help your reps close more deals?
- What marketing channels most likely will help you acquire profitable customers at the lowest cost?
Are you a fit for our product marketing services?
Then click the button below, fill out our form, and we'll get back to you in 1-3 business days if it sounds like you're a match.